Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Running


Here is my longing: to know and follow You.
But sometimes in my flesh, I find that it's not true.
Instead, what I desire most is to indulge myself.
So knowingly I place you in the corner of the top shelf.

I thought that in my running I would find satisfaction.
Yet what I found instead was merely a distraction
from what matters most and what I should pursue.
Lord, forgive me. I'm running back to you.

In You, and only You, I can find life abundant.
Still my pattern of sin has become quite redundant.
And though, for a moment, I thought that I was happy,
what I found in reality was that rebelling just felt crappy.

To rebel and to return again, the pattern I've constructed:
a building in the sand too easily destructed.
Destroy this facade that for myself I've built.
And in its place construct a fortress free from any guilt.

Hear my prayer, O God, and change the heart of me.
Til there is nothing left to see of me and only Thee.
Forgive the pattern of my sin and set this prisoner free.
To be running in pursuit of You is where I want to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment