Thursday, July 4, 2013

Who Am I?

Who am I?

I am Israel.
                Forgetting the promises of the faithful One and choosing to follow the created rather than Creator.

I am Gomer.
                Faithfully loved by One but constantly seeking the love of others who will never satisfy my longing.

I am Judas.
                Masquerading as a follower of the One who can save yet willing to betray the Truth for my own profit.

I am Cain.
                Brought to hate those closest to me because of selfishness and pride.

I am Lot.
                Tempted to follow what looks too good to be true and finding that it is.

I am Saul.
                Given the kingdom but driven mad with the fear of losing it.

I am Solomon.
                Given unimaginable riches and still unsatisfied.

I am Samson.
                Dancing with the enemy not considering the grave consequences that follow.

I am the Pharisees.
                Ignoring Truth for tradition and condemning others for not doing the same.

But.

I am new.
                I live not by my flesh but by His Spirit.

I am alive.
                I have been lifted out of my self-made grave and set on solid ground.

I am forgiven.
                All of my pride has been forgotten and in its place remains humility and praise.

I am called.
                No longer do I wander, because I have One to live for.

I am loved.
                I have been lavished with grace and affection that I do not deserve.

I am righteous.
                From no efforts of my own am I good, but from the efforts of One greater.

I am free.
                I am not burdened by the shame and guilt of my past.

I am secure.
                I know my place is in His hands, in His arms, and in the apple of His eye.

Who am I?
                I am His.

                And He is mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment